Beam is one of the fastest growing live-video platforms for gamers. We serve an increasing number of stream views each month, and our web frontend is in the critical path for over 70% of those views! You’ll work on a small team of passionate developers and designers to shape the next generation in interactive live-streaming, pioneering advances in user interface and experience, delivering new features, and having ultimately driving the experience forward. We make heavy use of Angular, and we’re constantly evaluating new technologies. We’re firm believers in using the right tool for the job. We have an extremely fast turnaround time for code. Reviews, merges, testing, and deploying all can happen within the same hour, and we run upwards of 10 deploys to our production environment each day.
• Extensive experience with AngularJS
• Experience building complex web UI
• Demonstrated passion for user experience
Nice to have:
• Cursory understanding of Angular 2.0
• An eye for design and the ability to turn those designs into reality
• Understanding of browser’s critical render path and rendering pipeline
• Understanding of video technologies (RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH, MSEs)
• Experience with WebRTC (including ICE, STUN, TURN)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.