We are developing a state-of-the-art digital lithography tool to revolutionize the display industry. The system is developed in C under a Linux environment and comprises a tiered, multi-threaded, distributed application. We are seeking an entry level software developer with experience programming in such an environment coupled with an interest in the challenge of understanding something complex and making it work better.
- Understanding of the existing software architecture and interactions between the various modules comprising the system
- Development of additional functionality and capabilities in a manner consistent with the current software design principles
- Integration of functionality provided by other developers into the existing framework such that it looks like it was always there
- Deep knowledge of C, familiarity with C and Linux Operating System
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Deep understanding of basic Algorithms, Data Structures and Computational Complexity
- An understanding software architecture and design principles
- Ability to work in a team and take input from other members in coordinating work
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and react to a dynamic work environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.