Qualifications: Required Skills
- Develop software installers to deploy software across multiple computers with minimal user input using Wix/MSI
- Create and maintain OS images and/or installation bootstrappers used as a prerequisite for software installation
- Develop and support new and existing programs/modules related to installation
- Write technical documents as part of methodology established within the department
- Work closely with QA and DEV team to resolve day to day deployment environment related issues
- Four-year degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows platforms administration/configuration (registry, network, etc)
- Knowledge in creating MSI installers using WIX or other equivalent toolsets
- Good knowledge of C# .NET (create/troubleshoot custom actions). Some Object Oriented Development desired.
- Good understanding of software development process
- Good understanding of Release and Configuration Management practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Develops and integrates tools and methodologies for automated packaging, deployment and configuration of all applications within the environment
- Troubleshoots application integration, deployment and configuration issues
- Provides input on new and existing processes and procedures based on industry best practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- .NET development experience using Visual Studio 2010 or later
- Familiarity with Remote Desktop and virtual machines (VMWare)
- Platform - Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, CE
- Knowledge of technologies including Perl, MsBuild, Powershell is a plus
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.