Software Engineer II - MileIQ Services
Software Engineer II - MileIQ Services
At MileIQ, we work in small, independent, cross-functional Scrum teams to craft innovative software solutions for our customer's needs. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about human-centered design, finding simple solutions to complex problems and excel at solving real issues for real people. Over 2 million users trust MileIQ, the top grossing finance app in both app stores, to automatically log their mileage for their largest deductions and reimbursements ever. Join us in reinventing the future of productivity.
Our Services team is fast-paced and agile with weekly production pushes. We are a community of talented engineers who are passionate about building highly scalable, data intensive, solutions on an open source software stack. We make architecture decisions collaboratively and iterate quickly. We keep alive an inherently startup-like, risk-taking culture but we also take the responsibility seriously to carry one of the world's most recognizable software brand names - Microsoft.
We are looking for developers that are passionate about building APIs, infrastructure and backend platform services. You will be working with mobile and web app teams to deliver a holistic experience that's optimized around providing the best user experience possible.
- Build, design and implement scalable, robust and reliable cloud-based web applications and RESTful API services.
- Help drive the design and architecture of next-generation real-time API services and streaming/batch processing architecture.
- Design and implement critical, highly scalable systems and algorithms to run analytics, workflow and machine learning.
- Write code to develop new software products and/or features, manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with product, design, marketing, growth, support and quality teams to define and deliver product roadmaps.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years general software programming experience in Python or Java.
- Large-scale systems software design and development experience, with experience in Unix/Linux.
- Experience with Database design and SQL/NoSQL data-stores, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience designing and implementing large scale distributed systems for stream and batch processing.
- Experience working with Python/Django in a production environment.
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL data stores such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis etc.
- Experience working with Apache Kafka and stream processing technologies like Apache Spark, or Storm.
- Experience in running production services on containers technologies like Kubernetes.
- Experience with public cloud services such as Azure.
- Experience working in Agile/SCRUM teams.
Microsoft will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.