Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1022114
Role & Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a talented and hands-on Software Engineer, to join our development team. We value technical depth, drive and teamwork. Those who excel in our team enjoy solving difficult technical problems, find creative ways to overcome challenges and care about delivering great products to our customers.
• Demonstrates a genuine interest and understanding in Computer Systems, Networking and Virtualization. Understanding of Computer and Network Security desirable.
• Understands the importance of Usability (UE) and how it relates to our product design.
• Experience in closing feature requirements with marketing, breaking down work to build a project plan.
• A keen eye on innovation on a day-to-day basis, the candidate should be able to explain where he went above and beyond product requirements. Patents desirable.
• Strong fundamentals in Computer Science. Key areas: Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems and Systems Programming.
• Experience in software development methodology, from concept to delivery, rooted in experience of leading features to delivery.
• Understanding of Agile software methodology desirable.
• Sharp problem solving skills.
• Understanding of hardware and software aspects of the product delivered.
• BSCS/MSCS with 2+ years experience.
• Expertise in C and C++. Experience in Python desirable.
• Understanding of Networking, Ethernet, IP. Understanding of network security, firewall, web proxies and VPN, classification engines, active directories, Radius, LDAP, IPS, identity firewall etc. is desirable.
• A real self-starter, self-motivated, aggressive yet always professional. Not afraid to speak up.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to present well, easy to work with and sought after.
• A sense of service: positivity, humility
• Receives direction and feedback well.
• Is able to break down complex tasks into workable pieces
• Has the ability to explain problems in a clear concise way
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Security
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.