Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
8 years of related experience SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of experience working with Java, JEE, and Oracle PL/SQL
- Apply object-oriented design principles, industry best practices (ex. design patterns) and company policies and procedures to design and implement changes for mission critical loan selection and review platform
- Must have significant hands-on experience developing and working with RESTful API's
- Possess a solid understanding of WebLogic and JBOSS
- Must have hands on experience working with complex queries involving SQL and PL/SQL.
- Ability to develop creative solutions, encompassing software integration, performance reliability, manageability, and security
- Experience working directly with management to ascertain necessary scope changes
- Ability to interact with other developers as well as with Business Partners, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance and core Enterprise Architecture in order to complete job responsibilities.
- Experience with TIBCO BW
- AngularJS or any modern JS Framework is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.