Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Experience and proven skills working with clients in complex business environments.
- Ability to understand technical requirements and challenges.
- Proven ability to work under significant project pressure and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Intellectual Curiosity.
- B usiness Process Management Tools, specifically IBM BPM 8.0.
- Good understanding of RDBMS.
- 4-6 years of expert knowledge on BPM development experience 2-4 years must be on 8.x or higher.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle SQL, Webservices / REST, Shell Scripts, XML, XSD and XPATH.
- 3-4 years of Java development a plus.
- 3-4 yrs of experience developing Webservices.
- Unix/Perl Scripting experience is a big plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.