We are seeking a new college graduate software developer to work with the image processing and algorithms team. The candidate will work to develop, debug & maintain all aspects of the Linux environment software for the state of the art digital lithography tool.
- Support the design of algorithms for systems that enable high-repeatability imaging hardware platforms.
- Contribute to the development of analytical metrics and methods to enable accurate and repeatable performance of the hardware systems.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolution of alignment and overlay issues.
- Develop analysis tools and scripts to address costumer needs.
- Design and implement solutions based on requirement specs.
- Clearly document procedures and results
- Work closely with the process and quality assurance teams to create test plans to ensure the delivery of the good quality product.
Education and Experience
- MS/PhD in an engineering field with emphasis on software development.
- 1 or 2 years of relevant experience desired (but not mandatory).
- Coursework or relevant experience in software development, computational science and engineering.
- A good understanding and experience of either image processing or general purpose algorithm development.
- A good understanding of Linux operating system and experience in software development in Linux environment.
- Deep knowledge of C, familiarity with C , exposure to scripting in Linux.
- Self-motivated, ability to work in team environment, and excellent communication and documentation skills.
- A theoretical understanding of diffraction optics and lithography process is preferred but not required
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.