Top Three Skills:
1) 2-5 years of experience with Python preferably within a hardware environment.
2) 2-5 years of automation experience with Python
3) 2-5 years of experience developing software within a linux based development environment.
The Technology & Product Team of Comcast is seeking talented and motivated software automation QA engineer to join an Agile development team. The focus for this engineer will be the development of automated testing tools and techniques along with new feature development for a variety of test automation needs. This is purely an automation of quality assurance activities. Collaboration with other team members and interaction with cross-functional teams is required; therefore the ability to work both individually and with others is essential. Contribution to the functional specifications, design, and documentation of our complete product line is encouraged.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participate in all aspects of the software development process with a particular focus on improving the quality of deliverables.
* Create and maintain frameworks and tools to assist with the automation of integration, performance, load and stress tests.
* Develop test suites
* Identify product deficiencies and defects
* Interact with other cross-functioning teams within the company and assist with continuous integration.
* Assist with keeping documentation of various procedures up-to-date.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIRED:
* Experience with automated testing tools and techniques
* Experience programming in C and Python.
* Ability to quickly troubleshoot and debug issues and defects.
* Experience working in Linux or UNIX environments, including ability to use shell scripting and regular expressions.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Solid understanding of software development processes; experience in Agile development a strong plus.
* Basic understanding of Java technologies including Servlets, JSP, JDBC, and other J2EE technologies.
* Experience with at least one J2EE Application Server Environment (e.g., Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat, etc)
* Experience writing TestNG, JUnit and/or Cactus test cases.
* Experience with Embedded programming a strong plus.
* Familiarity with Java, XML, XSD, and XSL a strong plus.
* BS or higher degree in Computer Science
* Occasional overtime is required.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.