With its reputation for innovation and award-winning products and service, Prudential Annuities is a growing and dynamic organization. With Prudential, you'll be part of a diverse workforce within an IT community that's respected for delivering high-tech solutions, and helping to achieve our common goal - to become the undisputed leader of guaranteed retirement income solutions. Your career should be an exciting work in progress, full of new experiences and opportunities for growth. Prudential Annuities offers its IT professionals access to a variety of resources for professional development-so you can take your career at The Rock® wherever you want it to go.
Are you looking for a career that will enable you to apply your passion and enthusiasm for technology, analytics, and innovation, implement on business strategy and work with diverse teams on challenging projects? Are you interested in being a part of an exciting internship and career growth program that is focused on developing technical and professional skills while collaborating alongside leaders in the Prudential community? If you are results driven and highly innovative, then Prudential is the place for you!
What Your Role at Prudential Would Look Like
The Software Engineer, I&I Delivery position w ill be a direct report to the Integration and Information Construction Lead and will be responsible for coding, testing, code reviews, test support, code move support, and other development tasks. The Software Engineer role will provide you with valuable experiences, such as:
- Designing and developing new and innovative solutions on different platforms
- Exposure to various systems development lifecycles (SDLC, Agile)
- Supporting and maintaining existing applications to deliver new capabilities
- Working closely with business users and other technology roles in solution delivery
- Experience working with one or more of the following to:
- Bigdata Technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka
- Programming Languages like C#, C , Java, Python
- Responsible for developing and testing software for the Integration and Information Delivery Construction team, leveraging their current technical skillset. Other potential tasks may include Quality and User test support and code migration support.
- Must be able to leverage existing technologies but can also quickly learn new technologies when they are required for a business solution.
- Foster collaborative working relationships with their peers on the Information and Integration Delivery Design team and the Quality Assurance team.
- Translate technical design specifications into software solutions
- Focus externally on trending technologies in the Integration and Information space
- Provide insight and thought leadership based on their education and work experiences
- 0-5 years of IT experience with Data and Integration Technologies such as ETL Tools, Apigee API's, Web Services, Hadoop, and Tableau
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other applicable area of study
- Experience working with Agile a plus
- Proven experience on a technology project or initiative in a college or business environment
- Strong analytical aptitude and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to take initiative and intelligent risks
- Possesses strong relationship management and influencing capabilities to establish a rapport with partners and stakeholders both internal and external to Annuities technology
- Ability to understand conceptual ideas from both a business and systems perspective and turn that into a systematic solution that is forward thinking, flexible and strategic in nature
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to convey messages with a professional presence and consultatively influence outcomes
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.