Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Hone your Java skills, bring your passion for gaming and technology, and join Battle.net on its mission to produce the most epic online gaming experiences ever! Battle.net Java interns are responsible for creating new (and improving existing) applications in a high-load, high-availability environment. You'll focus heavily on server-side programming, while interfacing with many other roles and disciplines to create our applications. The Battle.net team develops all of our customer-facing Web sites, ranging from account management and e-commerce sites, to community forums and character profiles for multiple global regions, extending, supporting, and enhancing the epic game experience and polish Blizzard is known for.Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology, gaming, and software development
- Familiar with all Blizzard Entertainment video games and intellectual properties
- Programming experience (personal or professional), including experience with Java
- Analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Comfortable with Linux / UNIX, Apache, and Tomcat
- Experience working with modern databases and RDBMSs
- Working towards computer science, mathematics, or related degree
- Multiple different programming languages, Web frameworks, containers, and data stores
- Familiar with server-side architectural concepts (message queuing, caching, clustering, state management, RPC, events, asynchrony, multi-threading, etc.)
- Experience working in very high-load environments
- Experience working in a team environment on multiple projects
Warning! Applications that do not include all of the required quest item materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- Code sample from one of your personal or school projects
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.