Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Join the Hearthstone team as a software engineering intern for Summer 2017! The team is looking for passionate and skilled student engineers with a willingness to learn and grow. Interns should expect to work closely with designers and artists to recognize the shared vision and see it through from concept to completion. The ideal student has a long standing passion for playing games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and demonstrated game programming experience (in the personal, educational, or professional arena).
Intern tasks could be focused in any of the following programming concentrations:
Intern Guild Requirements
- Gameplay (AI, interaction, etc.)
- Tools (powerful toolsets for code, art, design, audio, or localization pipelines)
- User interface (effective and elegant user interfaces and scripting)
- Server (memory and data management, multi-threading, networking, databases, Linux builds, core systems, etc.)
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology, gaming, and game development
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Demonstrated game programming experience (personal or professional)
- Experience developing and debugging in C / C or C#
- Experience programming in at least one scripting language (Lua, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Strong mathematics background (logic, linear algebra, geometry, statistics and probability, etc.)
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Interest and familiarity with at least one of the potential programming concentrations listed above
- Majoring in a related field (computer science, computer engineering, real time interactive simulation, etc.)
- Game design aptitude or previous experience working on game development projects in a game design role
- Linux, FreeBSD, or Solaris development experience, and networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover letter
- Use cover letter to indicate which specific game programming concentrations interest you most
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.