Software Engineer Intern - Natural Language Processing Sunnyvale or San Francisco, CA
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
At LinkedIn, we regularly process the semi-structured and unstructured content in the 400+ million member profiles and the content they create or consume on LinkedIn, such as profiles, blog posts, comments, job descriptions, group discussions, and Influencer posts, as well as other web content that is shared amongst LinkedIn members. The NLP team builds models for all of this text, in all of it's languages, so that we can create useful representations of it's meaning, and, in turn, provide more value for LinkedIn's members.
- Working with the rest of the NLP team in determining the most effective and efficient methods for building NLP models in English and some or all of the other languages supported by LinkedIn
- Go from the experimental phase all the way to pushing systems to production
- Work with others on the team to publish novel algorithms at the top-tier NLP conferences such as ACL, NAACL, EMNLP, and COLING
- Currently pursuing a MS Degree in computer science or relevant discipline, such as linguistics or computational linguistics - and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Expected to complete degree by December, 2018 or earlier
- Experience in NLP and NLP sub-areas, such as sequence-based modeling, parsing or machine translation
- Background in probability and statistics
- Experience with Machine Learning/NLP toolkits, such as R, Weka, NTLK, etc
- Experience in Java, C++, or another object oriented language
- Ph. . candidate in computer science, computational linguistics or related discipline
- Experience working with web-scale traffic and data
- Experience working with text from multiple languages
- Exposure to conversational/dialog systems or speech recognition
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig, or other MapReduce paradigms
- Published work in academic conferences or industry circles
- Involvement in consumer-facing product development and design
- Excellent communication skills, drive and discipline to get things done
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.