Requires in-depth Material Control knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Technically leads and/or executes difficult, complex MCS software projects.
- Interfaces with external customers or vendors regarding software issues.
- Interfaces with internal customers regarding requirements analysis and schedule.
- Troubleshoots a wide range of complex, difficult software problems. Performs software tests on code and enhancements. Develops software documentation.
- Defines software specifications, and designs software products.
- Contributes to technical review boards for assigned programs.
- Develops code for software projects, and design and implement bug fixes.
- Compiles data for regularly scheduled or special reports, analysis and statements.
- Able to travel up to 25% of time
- Subject Matter Expertise in the following areas: Software Tools (i.e. Eclipse, StarTeam); Software Implementation; Problem Solving
- Software Fundamentals; Software Troubleshooting; Software CIP; Software Algorithms; Software Simulations; Software Systems Engineer; Software Design; Software Requirements; Technical Documentation; AMAT Product Development Life Cycle; Software Processes;
- Limited Experience; User Interfaces (UI); Software Simulation; Factory Interface Software Systems; Data Acquisition, Storage and Analysis; "Small Gap" Control;
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical material control and movement expertise
- General understanding of SEMI standards with a thorough understanding of SEMI standards E82 and E88
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite as well as project management tools
- Has knowledge of best practices and how an MCS integrates with other software in SEMI and Display FABs
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Solid track record in building strong customer relationships
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Ability to work in a diverse and ever changing environment
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to work with other not directly reporting to you.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7-10 years of Java development experience, including working onsite with customers
- Knowledge of MCS and AMHS related Semi Standards
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.