What You'll Do
• Lead and grow a highly motivated and over-achieving development team
• Excellent communication skills for peer-to-peer and peer-to-leadership communication
• Experience in handling change in priorities, scope and technologies
• Ability to work with broad requirements and ask the right questions to clarify
• Cultivate and expand a culture of innovation to deliver a first in class product
• Engage and own the responsibility for the team deliverables, development process and schedule
• Direct architecture design and technology innovation to deliver on the company's product roadmap
• Aid and drive collaboration in technical deep dives and architectural discussions
• Prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and think creatively against tight deadlines
Who You'll Work With
• Collaborate across development teams, product management, QA and Operations
• Work with remote workers in different timezones
Who You Are
• BS in Computer Science, Masters preferred
• 8 to 10 of experience in building large-scale distributed systems
• Solid track record of leading a development team
• Superb interpersonal and leadership skills with a can do attitude
• Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced fluid environment
• Technical knowledge: knowledge of algorithms, core software technologies, including server-side Java, and large-scale distributed systems
• Proven track record in delivering releases on-time and within budget for aggressive product and market growth
• No wireless experience required. We are looking for people with strong backgrounds in core software engineering.
• Strong English reading, writing and communication skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.