The new Battle.net is a full-featured online game service that will deliver the ultimate social and competitive experience for Blizzard Entertainment gamers everywhere. Designed specifically around Blizzard titles, Battle.net includes a complete set of around-the-game features, including a state-of-the-art matchmaking system, achievement system, social networking features, structured competitive play options, a marketplace, and much more. Our vision is to create an environment where gamers can compete online, develop an online persona, and stay connected to friends and the rest of the community while enjoying our games.
This position within the Battle.net team is focused on the development of the Battle.net platform, which provides APIs and technologies that underpin the features being developed for the service.
We primarily use Java, and technologies like Tomcat, Spring, RabbitMQ, RDBMSs, and more, to deliver a world-class platform for our internal game teams, support team, and web teams. We're an internal hub at Blizzard and are involved in some fashion on nearly every project and release within Blizzard! We see many high load events, and work on highly scalable infrastructure to meet our project goals!
The software engineer will work with a team of talented engineers, to develop scalable and highly performant platform services. The role focuses on server-side engineering and architecture, while interfacing with game teams as stakeholders.Requirements
- Possess a solid understanding of computer science (CS) fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with systems analysis, design, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Solid experience programming back-end web services in an OO language, (Java)
- Good understanding of Web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCPIP, Message Queuing)
- Advanced knowledge of data-modeling and RDBMS development experience
- Good communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Passion for technology and video games
Required Application Materials
- Linux experience
- Familiar with the Spring framework
- Previous experience delivering easy-to-use APIs to multiple consumers
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.