Job: Software Engineering
Job Number: 163825
The Corporate Information Technology (CIT) organization provides support for Finance, Revenue, Human Resources, Customer Relationship Management and Corporate Risk applications for Visa. This includes managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver industry leading packaged software and customer developed solutions.
The candidate will work in Revenue & Pricing Systems team, designing, developing and supporting applications to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance business functions. The ideal candidate will bring robust experience in developing technical solutions and data processing in large volume financial systems. This role will participate in various design discussions, create solution design deliverables and develop technical solution to implement the solution and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities.
- Develop solutions for revenue systems including pricing, rating, billing, accounts receivable and revenue reporting functions. Responsibilities include technical analysis, design, delivery, unit testing and support activities.
- Collaborate with business partners on user acceptance testing.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
- Collaborate across global businesses and technology organizations, providing sound business analysis, process, and change leadership.
- Experience in mid-to-large size companies (2000+ employees).
- 3+ years or more of relevant experience in application development and Support (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and implementation, delivery and design).
- Strong knowledge and development experience on Client MVC frameworks like Angular, Backbone, Mustache/handlebar template library. Experience working on Node.js and Express will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge and working experience on JAVA programming. Should have good understanding of Collection API, Concurrency and Thread programming and JDBC API.
- Proven experience on web application development using J2EE and EJB technologies.
- Strong knowledge and web development experience using MVC frameworks like Struts, Spring frameworks, Apache Camel. Experience working on ORM frameworks like Hibernate will be an added advantage.
- Strong REST services development experience.
- Good knowledge and experience of Mobile Application Development and Packaging, using Android SDK.
- Hands on experience working in build automation tools like Ant/Maven/Gradle.
- Experience developing and deploying applications in leading application servers such as WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat and JBoss.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Database systems, and sound knowledge on PL/SQL. Experience working on MongoDB will be an added advantage.
- Hands on experience in using Agile methodologies. Has sound knowledge on Agile model, DevOps working model. Prior working experience working on tools like Jira, Rally will be an added advantage.
- Hands on experience in continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Experience in evaluating business requirements and turning them into technical designs.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones.
- Experience with analytic techniques including process modeling, requirements elaboration, data modeling, use-case and user interface prototyping.
- Business knowledge in the areas of financial management including planning, analysis, billing, and incentives is a plus.
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a broad group of stakeholders.
- Exposure to CRM and Billing & Revenue systems is an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or equivalent.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.