Software Engineer, Java
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Software Engineer, Java Developer with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a senior engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms and provide technical leadership/supervision to the developers.
- Driving project/service delivery.
- Performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
- Enforcing existing process guidelines
- Mentoring junior developers
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conducting design & code reviews
- Tracking developers’ bandwidth to assist in resource allocation.
- Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development
- Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
- Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Providing oversight to Vendor’s technical design and code delivery
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 3 years experience in Java development
- At least 2 years experience in JVM based web application development
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.