Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT)
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, ICT provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
We are looking for a developer to join the Global Market Data Group as part of the wider interest rates derivatives technology group. This is a front-office development team managing the market data requirements for the interest rates global organisation as well as many requirements for the entire firm. This group is responsible for all systems around interest rate curve marking as well as other model related market data, developed in various languages including Java/C#/Scala.
We are currently going through a huge renovation of the systems, migrating a large number of our legacy systems (Java / A ) to an internally developed framework (Scala). This is a huge undertaking and allows us an ability to completely re-design the systems and work with the clients to go back to basics and work out the requirements cleanly.
- You will work collaboratively with the local and extended global team as well as taking the initiative to solve problems to deliver the required functionality including both tactical and strategic initiatives. You will be required to work with the trading desk and strategists to help define requirements, specifications as well as the implementation.
- You should drive and manage projects through the full software development lifecycle to completion.
- You will design and develop solutions for market data tools and infrastructure inthe Scala framework.
- You will need to participate in support rota to provide help for our system users and ensure production environment stability.
- Strong Java development experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic standard design patterns
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix tools and development environments.
- Knowledge / experience of Scala development.
- Knowledge / experience of C# development.
- Experience of project / delivery management.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.