Software Engineer Job Description
You will develop software as the primary job function. You will Design, develop, debug & test complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous school, industry jobs and/or research experience.
- Should possess a Master of Science degree or a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering, or a background in areas such as software design and software engineering, scientific computation, and numerical analysis.
- Candidate should have 6 months of work or educational experience with the following:
- Good mathematical background, in particular in the area of numerical analysis and understanding of accuracy in transcendental function design
- Good understanding of Intel architecture processors, their features, and operation
- Familiarity with standards for floating-point computations including the IEEE Standard 754-2008 for Floating-Point Arithmetic
- Knowledge of Intel Architecture IA assembly language
- Familiarity with software system debug techniques using Intel software tools
- Technical skills in Microsoft Windows, Linux or other OS SW Development environments, C and/or C , and PC architecture
- Firm grasp of programming tools such as compilers, linkers, and debuggers, static and dynamic code analyzers, understanding of FuSa
Inside this Business Group
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with software systems such as Maple, Mathematica, Matlab, or similar ones
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.