Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
We're looking for Software Engineers to join us in building a new part of WorkdayWho we are
A startup within Workday. The Designer Team is part of the recently announced Cloud Platform initiative at Workday. What we do
Our brand new product empowers the world's best companies to create magical experiences for their teams. We're looking for creative ways to solve the biggest problems at Workday. How you'll help
On any given day, you'll build a new frontend library so users can customize their Workday experience, optimize our backend server to more efficiently generate on-the-fly page designs, and work with our awesome product and design teams to better understand our users' problems. No matter what you end up doing, your execution will help us innovate harder, better, faster, stronger. You're great at
- Building beautiful, customizable user experiences across an entire product stack
- Supporting other engineers by reviewing code, critiquing architectural plans, and suggesting ideas to improve the team's productivity
- Leading the team by shipping clean, reusable code in extensible and robustly-tested components
- Collaborating with product managers and designers on creative solutions to our biggest product initiatives
- Troubleshooting production issues and implementing resilient fixes to prevent future issues
We'd love it if you
- 3+ years of relevant experience in software engineering
- A deep understanding of MVC patterns, object-oriented programming, and test-driven development principles
- Proficiency with some or all of the following: Java, Scala, TypeScript, REST, JSON
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills for both technical and strategic discussions
- Love to communicate to all levels of stakeholders and proactively take ownership
- Are interested in new programming languages, optimizing runtimes, data interfaces and full stack performance
- See the value of documenting and gradually enforcing best practices
- Can have a civil conversation about spaces vs. tabs
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.