Are passionate about integration between software and hardware? Are you excited about Microsoft hardware products like HoloLens, Surface, Xbox, band & others and want to be the first one to check end product quality? If so MTE (Manufacturing Test Engineering) would like to hear from you. We are the team that is responsible for engineering the production line for Microsoft branded hardware products. Our team partners closely with different product groups to plan and to manufacture hardware to the quality that is critical to product specification.
We design and implement engineering and telemetry systems in our global facilities. With our company strategy on mobile first and laser focus on quality, quality, quality; we are actively looking for experienced engineer with strong testing mentality and a passion for quality. The role will play a big part in ingesting engineering excellence in our end to end quality assurance process for manufacturing defects. Learn more about our broader team here http://www.allinatmsc.com/
Successful candidate should have excellent technical strength and strong system level trouble shooting skill. This position will need to work closely with global team in delivering our manufacturing test systems to different parts of the world. Strong communication skill is a must.
• 2-4+ years of experience strong test, debugging, validation and technical problem solving skills
• Has a passion to solve hard, ambiguous problems.
• 2-4+ years of experience developing test plans and strategies
• has an ability to collaborate cross team to define measurement for quality, assess risk and mitigation plan.
• 3-5+ years engineering development and best practices, C/C++, C#, .NET etc
• Strong testing mentality and an eye for quality defects.
• Excellent communication and team collaboration a must.
• Statistical analysis skill is a plus.
• Hands-on experience working with Lean/Agile software development practices is a plus.
• Experience working in hardware product manufacturing, robotics, assembly, factory and/or high volume consumer electronics is a plus.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.