We are solving one of the most complex problems affecting developer productivity - setting up and maintaining a testing environment. We are working on a solution - "Managed stages" that is about creating a highly scalable and available test infrastructure for the developer community. As a senior developer in this group, you would get to work on cloud technologies and solve problems around building elastically scalable infrastructure.
What you will work on
- Be a technical leader in building solutions that can help scale the infrastructure
- Primarily responsible for the high availability of the infrastructure
- Work directly with Architecture, Product Managers, Program Managers and stakeholders from clients that integrate with the Managed stages
- Interview and hire a world class engineering team that will make an impact on how we do engineering at PayPal
A successful candidate will a strong leader who is able to lead a high performing team, can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs, has excellent communication skills, and continuous record of delivering results in an aggressive and fast paced environment.
- Hands on experience with design and development of scalable web services and platforms
- Strong experience in Java, python and scripting
- Knowledge and experience in cloud technologies a huge plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- MS in computer science or equivalent
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.