Blizzard Entertainment's corporate applications team is currently looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to join our team in Irvine, CA. This person will design and develop internal applications that supports our multiple lines of businesses and employees. The ideal candidate is a .NET expert, has successfully delivered robust solutions that can handle high-load situations, and isn't scared of ambiguity or tight deadlines. This person must have a passion for new technology, and keep up to date with industry tools and trends. We're looking for someone who always strives for elegance and simplicity, loves games, and wishes to help Blizzard retain its position at the forefront of customer service.Responsibilities
- Working independently to design, implement, and maintain high performance software solutions.
- Work with production, product design, and quality assurance (QA) groups to ensure solutions are delivered effectively.
- Communicate ideas, issues, status, and outcomes with the team and managers.
- Build and maintain relationships with business stakeholders and other IT partners within Blizzard.
- Create technical documentation.
- Assist in promoting a positive engineering and team culture.
- Mentor other team members.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience working on the .NET platform, including experience with .NET 4.5
- Strong knowledge of async and parallel programming with .NET 4 (TPL)
- Strong knowledge design patterns
- Experience working in high-performing teams through the entire development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge and experience with testing frameworks and practices
- Experience with designing software and system architecture diagrams
- Experience debugging and performance tuning applications and services
- Working knowledge of various SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile)
- Excellent communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
Required Application Materials
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Mobile Development (Android, IOS)
- Knowledge of event-driven architectures (or event-driven SOA)
- Knowledge of React, AngularJS, and other modern UI frameworks
- Knowledge of cross platform mobile frameworks (Xamarin, Phonegap)
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.