Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying network infrastructure to support that growth.
We are looking for network engineers with software engineering skills who are passionate about automation and innovative ways of delivering and operating our network infrastructure. You either started out as a network engineer supporting large service provider networks and transitioned to software development or started out as a software developer who transitioned into a network engineer.
As part of a global team of network architects, engineers and software developers, you will focus on automating the processes involved in building and managing the underlying networks that support our cloud services. You will build the software modules and solutions that are required for delivering network functions and services as code. The network automation team is a critical function that enables us rapidly build and deploy a consistent, stable and scalable infrastructure through complete automation and orchestration of network services. You will have the opportunity to find new and innovative ways to combine numerous repetitive tasks, design and implement the network models to support the rapid growth, monitoring, capacity planning and automated break-fix of common issues.
There are no dearth of challenges and opportunities are plentiful to apply your network and software engineering knowledge in creating the next generation of software defined networks.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in network engineering and software development or network automation with at least 5 years experience supporting large scale enterprise or service provider infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of IP Networking, datacenter network technologies, packet forwarding architectures and
- internet routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS MPLS, GRE, IPSec, VxLAN, Dot1Q, QinQ, 40G/100G futures, netflow/Jflow, SNMP etc)
- Proficiency at programming in Python or Java (and willing to learn the other if knowledgeable in one) .
- CCIE / JNCIE certifications or equivalents
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Familiar with network automation and methods for interacting with devices using Netconf, RESTful APIs or other
- Understanding of software development tools such as SCMs, Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment.
- Familiar with developments in Software Defined Networking and controllers like OpenDaylight, openvSwitch
- Experience and desire to write clean, testable code with automated tests
- Strong focus on complete automation and strong debugging skills
- Familiarity with load balancing platforms and technologies.
- Equally comfortable with multiple technologies and be willing to adopt and adapt
- Ability to accomplish goals independently - highly result oriented.
- A strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.