Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
The Norton Cloud Services team provides the backend services that power our Norton applications. We currently serve over 100 million customers via our direct Norton-branded consumer products and partnerships. We are working on some very interesting challenges and are looking for passionate technologists to join our team. Successful candidates will work in a dynamic team environment on cloud-based services and products.
The Norton Backup team, part of the Norton Cloud Services team, is looking for talented developers to help us scale our new system for very high growth. In this role, you will work in a cross functional scrum team and develop features end to end across our client and server side applications. Our teams manage our whole environment, including testing, deployment, and monitoring of our systems. You will focus on meeting our goal to protect our customers ' data, and you can take pride in knowing your work will be seen by and provide real value to millions of customers.
Consumers desire solid products and services that work. Our goal is to build software that exceeds customers' expectations and is the gold standard in a worldwide marketplace. We are looking for other like-minded individuals who like to work across different technologies and make an end to end impact on systems. If you are passionate about not only about development but all aspects of software engineering then the Norton Cloud Services team is for you.
• Developing full stack applications, including designing, coding, testing, deploying, and monitoring
• Troubleshooting issues and monitoring trends in our systems with an eye on improving the customer
experience and reducing costs
• Enhancing our deployment pipeline to make our job easier and efficient
• Communicating with confidence, speaking up with questions, concerns, or praise when needed
• Working positively and thriving in a team with other passionate technologists
• 2 to 5 years of developing applications in Java, C++, or C#
• Experience troubleshooting and debugging applications
• Strong Computer Science background
• Familiarity with interfaces built upon Restful HTTP APIs
• Scripting language experience such as Python
• NoSQL database familiarity
• Experience working on Agile teams
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.