Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and passionate software engineer to help us build epic game community sites that support Blizzard Entertainment's titles.
Our ideal candidate will share our passion for all things web and believe in the power of player engagement and community building to enrich player's gameplay experiences. Our game site team is in Irvine, California.Position Overview
This position within the Blizzard Web & Mobile department will work closely with a team of engineers, designers, editors, and testers to help build the future of interactive game sites.
They will be the engineering contact for a currently outsourced project. They will be responsible for the code quality, integration and architectural decisions of the project.Responsibilities
- Integrating outsourced code into our internal deployment and code repositories.
- Making sure outsourced code follows our internal guidelines and best practices. This involves working on our internal team to learn about these best practices.
- Helping with integration and deployment when the outsourced projects need to integrate with internal APIs and build tools.
- Working with our outsourcing team to make sure our outsourcers have the tools and workflows that they need to be efficient.
- Breaking down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed.
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable, and documented code.
- Maintaining an open-minded, friendly and positive attitude.
- Expertise in at least one area of web development, be it back-end, front-end or building APIs.
- A solid understanding of best practices and technique's regarding web scalability, performance and security.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Passion and belief in Blizzard's Core Values.
Required Application Materials
- Experience with front end web frameworks (Ember, React, Vue, Angular, etc).
- Experience with RESTFUL APIs and microservices.
- Experience with application containerization (Docker, etc) and cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Experience with popular web frameworks (Node.js/Express, Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, Java/Spring, Php/Laravel)
- Experience with an Agile Scrum/Kanban environment
- Experience with high traffic websites and applications
- Experience with international (localized) applications
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.