The Business Entity
The Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and Enterprise routing and cable access. CSG is creating unprecedented customer value by providing cohesive and innovative software, platforms and solutions for Cisco's core networking customers.
Who You'll Work With
You will work directly with architects, Leads and a cohesive group of high performing - platform, big data and analytics engineers, UI/UX and QA Leads. You will engage with multiple teams across the Engineering, IT and Support orgs on an ongoing basis.
What You'll Do
* Build top quality, highly scalable real-time data platforms using the most cutting edge technology stack
* Contribute to Cisco's DNA platform core engineering, designing and developing key modules
* Solve complex technical challenges involving very large volume data streams in a distributed system
* Integrate discrete systems and applications using one of the modern paradigm
* Work along with highly skilled group of core engineers, product management and team leaders
* Mentor and guide other members in the team
* Translate high level requirements to actionable tasks / deliverables
* Write code coverage, unit tests and performance instrumentation of your own module
Who You Are
The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a "take-charge" / "can-do" attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones. As a key engineer, tag along with other core group of engineers and product management to deliver cutting edge systems and platforms. You will design, develop and deploy one of the largest and most complex data platforms and solve one of the most challenging integration and scaling requirements that is deployed on the cloud as well as on-prem.
* Bachelor's degree (Master's a Plus) in engineering/computer science with an overall work experience of 5+ years with considerable software and platform engineering skills.
* Solid understanding of very large scale, high performance, real-time, cloud agnostic platforms and solutions engineering
* Good understanding of Reactive Programming methodology (prior experience in AKKA a big plus), expert Object Oriented programming skills
* Expert skills in Java, good exposure in Scala, Python, AWS
* Experience in API Gateways, integrations and workflows
* Strong verbal and written / documentation / presentation skills
* Product engineering experience
* Be highly flexible and adaptable and demonstrate passion for platform development
Intent-based networking is the difference between a network that needs continuous attention and one that simply understands what you need and makes it happen. It's the difference between doing thousands of tasks manually and having an automated system that helps you focus on business goals. Cisco DNA is the open, software-driven platform that turns that vision into reality. Virtualization, automation, analytics, and cloud, all in one architecture.Cisco is once again pioneering the next age in networking. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.*
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.