Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1017690
Software Engineer - Platform Forwarding
San Jose, CA
What You'll Do:
It's an exciting time to work with a new project in CSG XR group. We are looking for strong, talented and energetic engineers and technical leaders with following skills:
• Exposure to Open Source software and contributions to the Open Source community.
• Strong background in C/C++, good knowledge of programming on Linux OS.
• Comfortable with Linux platform bring up, system architecture and design.
• System software development with exposure to MIPS, PPC and x86 architectures.
• Excellent background in profiling in an embedded environment and improving runtime performance.
• Work in an Agile development environment where the team is empowered and accountable for delivery (development & test) of quality software.
• For test, an inclination to understand customer deployments (optical DCI and CDN/Peering) in addition to functional automation is a key attribute
• Ability to learn and utilize diverse programming language (e.g. python, GO) as part of the development process.
Customers are now demanding features turned around in weeks, see them work in their labs and deploy them in an Agile manner; enhance the implementation based on field feedback and so on. You need to be excited about understanding the requirement, design and code them to deliver a quick early drop, and be agile to refine it based on real field feedback to make it ready for deployment. In all of this, top focus is a must on the aspect of quality, so that our Customers do not lose time and money during their deployment and Operations.
The next generation of NOS architecture - hardware and software that aligns with SDN, is highly modular and programmable, supports modern software principles and distributed system constructs, and works at hyper scale. This while making it super simple for customers to deploy and maintain. Some people are calling it the plug-and-play of networking.
Who You'll Work With:
As we lead and drive radical simplicity in network operating systems (NOS), clean scalable solutions and a higher velocity is on our radar. We are looking for passionate engineers to create flexible solutions out of modular software while removing complexity. Think micro-services, APIs, distributed systems and full stack. Pursuit of perfection leads to excellence. At a time when fundamentals of networking are changing, join Cisco and build networking software that scales beyond industry imaginations. Feel the power of modern modular micro-services applied to networking that orchestrate well together!
Who You Are:
• Build your expertise on the best-in-class modular, fully distributed, highly available, highly secure network operating system and routing platform
• Work directly with the top customers like Google, Facebook, Comcast, Microsoft, AT&T, NTT, British Telecom, etc and learn how the world of Edge and Core networking is evolving
• Evolve IOS-XR into the new Virtualized world and be part of the journey to drive the Customers towards enabling of Virtualized Cloud based Network Services
• Lines between networking software (NOS) and application software are blurred since networking is just another application in modern times. Differentiate yourself by going above and beyond plain app software development.
• Become an Agile expert
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.