The Innovations and New Ventures team is hiring a Program Manager - Design Software Platforms, in our Cranston RI office.
The Johnson Controls Fire Suppression Products group is seeking a Software Program Manager to lead and exciting new initiative to develop a cloud based software platform that will help our customers design, configure, optimize and maintain fire suppression products and systems.
You must have an established background in delivering customer-facing cloud-based software solutions, strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
We are looking for a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within a global team. Strong behavioral skills including the ability to lead team by example, negotiate technical consensus for both design and implementation, rally the team to achieve quality deliveries on time.
Responsibilities include strategic planning, product definition, managing operational challenges and scale, project management for software within the team, and the overall quality of the software development process. You will interface directly with the software engineering / DevOps team and various product management groups within the business to develop and prioritize the platform features and application pipeline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Self-starter with attention to detail and can demonstrate the ability to prioritize, resource plan and manage stakeholders in a face paced environment.
• Presentation & communication. Excellent communication skills that are fundamental to leading cross functional teams and to communicating deadlines and processes clearly.
• Technology focused. You have advanced project management methodology and discipline. Qualified and experience Agile scrum master. Experience in software programming is a plus.
• Collaborate and work quickly. You relish in the opportunity to work with diverse teams under high pressure and tight timelines.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
• 5+ years acting as a program manager in a fast paced technology leader. Preferably with experience
• Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Java, and/or C++)
• Strong working understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• Knowledge and experience working with technical design tools (CAD, BIM, etc.) is a plus
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.