Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Information Technology
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1022162
We are currently looking for a talented and passionate software engineer to become part of our dynamic development and delivery team. More than any other quality, we are looking for those driven by the challenge of solving unique and difficult technical problems in network security, those who excel when given creative freedom, and those who aren't afraid to dive into new territory (technical or otherwise) and learn something new without consideration of development or test boundaries.
We are working on a ground-up development project for Cisco's security portfolio (especially is focus towards security as a services), and there is room for just a few more to join us to help make robust quality products and test team. You should have a good sense of product design, and be willing to work in small, self-organizing delivery teams and move seamlessly from design, development, testing to system integration testing phases.
If you are looking to excel in a fast paced environment creating cutting edge networking technology, this job is for you!
* Natural problem-solver and troubleshooter
* Self-motivated, creative thinker
* Ability to think outside the box
* Passionate, speak-up personality
* Willing to wear multiple hats to make the team successful
Required Knowledge and Experience:
* Networking and network protocols.
* Linux development and testing experience (8 - 12 years)
* C, C++ and/or Python as well as automation scripting experience
* Iterative development and refactoring exposure.
Highly Desired Domain Knowledge:
* Identity/Active Directory/Radius/LDAP
* Security products such as Firewalls and web proxies
* Classification engines
* Network Management and Configuration
* Event Handling and Logging
* Modern web design
* Development and Test experience in distributed systems or parallel processing
* Agile software development (Scrum)
* Experience with System testing and Solution Testing of security equipment
* Ability to work in test driven development environment
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Security
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.