As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in software development
- At least 2 years of experience in JVM based web application development
- At least 1 year of experience working with one of the following for CICD, AWS, cloud computing environments
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years' experience in software development
- 3+ years' experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, RESTFUL APIs, Spring/Spring Boot, JSON and XML
- 2+ years' experience in Agile practices
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.