Imagine working at an innovative tech company, building projects with technologies like Angular 2, Node, and Go on AWS. Now imagine that company has the stability, work/life balance, and budget of a large bank. That’s Capital One.
We’re currently hiring Software Engineers for Tech Scan team located in SOMA. As a team member, you will be responsible for coming up with new and innovative ideas to create POCs and solve problems, write code across full stack, create CI/CD jobs, and manage our cloud infrastructure on AWS.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios – continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development of tools and technologies (such as AWS, NodeJS, Docker, Angular, Go)
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies. Have an appetite to evaluate and prototype with early stage technology sourced from the external market.
- Participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of software development experience.
- At least 3 years developing and delivering APIs and RESTful applications
- At least 2 year of experience with web application technology with Angular JS, JQuery, React or NodeJS
- At least 1 year of experience designing large scale, cloud based applications
- 2 years’ experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- 2 years of software development experience using NodeJS
- 1 year experience working with AWS
- 1 year experience working with Docker/Containers
At this time, Capital One sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.