Software Engineer, Salesforce and Web Development
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking.
We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Web and Salesforce.com Software Developers who are passionate about coding, quality and innovation, to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building web apps using open source technologies and leveraging Salesforce.com to impact the way that Capital One does business. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily stand-ups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, developing code to meet story acceptance criteria and building automation test suites to ensure high quality solution. You will have the opportunity to continuously grow and develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating digital experiences to delight of both internal and external customers!
- Partners with Product Managers to bring ideas and solutions to market quickly
- Design, Test and Develop innovative Front-end and Salesforce.com solutions
- Applies design thinking to create amazing user experiences
- Maintain professional knowledge and relationships with the Salesforce.com ecosystem
- Work as part of forward leaning team of makers to design and develop software solutions
- Research competing platforms and contribute to the product development process
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Keep up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
- Develop using new technologies and patterns particularly Cloud, API and Web frameworks
- Maintain all-round view of solution, understanding both business and technical challenges and also both functional and non-functional needs of solution
- Partner with the peer developers, quality engineers product managers and subject matter experts to design and develop end-to-end solution options
- Focus massively on delivering with speed and quality
- Apply sound Dev Ops and automation best practices
- Actively participate in internal and external Communities of Practice
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
-At least 2 years of Salesforce.com development experience
-At least 2 years of experience performing complete full lifecycle Salesforce.com implementations
-At least 2 years experience with Java
-At least 2 years of CSS/3
-At least 2 years of HTML/5
-At least 1 year experience with RESTful API Development
-At least 2 years of experience with Agile software development delivery methodology
- Certified SalesForce.com Developer or Certified SalesForce.com Architect
- 1+ years of experience prototyping Lightning based components
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD Automation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.