Software Engineer, Server
You're a software engineer. A technologist. A problem solver.
So why aren't you here?
We're looking for a server programmer to join our World of Warcraft team at Blizzard's global headquarters in Irvine, CA. This position offers an unbelievable opportunity for the right engineer. Not only will you get to contribute your personal stamp to a beloved AAA title and help optimize existing code, you'll be instrumental in the introduction and evolution of new tech so players around the world can continue to explore and adventure Azeroth in brand new ways for years to come. Of course, being an MMO and hosting a large global player base brings with it technical challenges, but that's where we have our fun. Frankly, as engineers we relish the never-seen-before, the hard-to-solve, and we tackle them together. Blizzard Entertainment is a highly open and collaborative studio, and our team is no different. We encourage creative thinking in our engineers and fresh ideas as we work to create elegant solutions to unique problems. The programmer in this role should be comfortable plying their craft in such an environment, and eager to do their best work as part of a core engineering team dedicated to realizing the future of World of Warcraft's technology, gameplay, and ultimately, fun. Requirements
- Strong C programming skills
- Networking experience in TCP and UDP protocols
- Distributed systems experience
- Architecture (cloud, client / server) experience
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
- Experience with code optimization
- Passion for video games
- Prior development work on client / server game systems
- Previous experience with shipping products
- Linux development experience
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Scripting language experience (Python, Lua)
- Low-level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT busting
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.