What You'll Do:
Become a member of Cisco's Trustworthy Systems Initiative. Cisco is looking for an energetic, innovative, and self-starting software engineer to design, implement, test and support features & solutions within the Security and Trust Organization (S&TO). The initiative seeks to increase product security and trustworthiness across a broad range of Cisco product through development, integration and deployment of reusable software and hardware solutions.
Who You'll Work With
The Software Engineer will work as a team member within the Trustworthy Systems Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have spent 3+ years in software development and verification implementing and testing embedded software or application software and have experience with product security, secure development, microprocessor architecture, and cryptographic algorithms.
Who You Are:
The candidate's responsibilities will include development, support, and consulting within Cisco's Software Signing initiatives.
The preferred location for this position is at the Cisco Systems development site in San Jose, California
Key responsibilities include:
• Software development and consulting in support of digital software signing technologies.
• Work closely with adopting product development teams educating, consulting, supporting and debugging integration of product security technologies.
• Develop supporting collateral and standards to guide implementation of software signing technologies.
• Develop proof of concepts, reference code, and scripts to facilitate adoption and verification of technologies.
• Analyze and mature new software security technologies and identify mechanisms to integrate and deploy technologies across a wide variety of Cisco products and software environments.
• Develop and support test tools to validate security feature implementations.
• Participate in, contribute to, and influence architecture, specification, design, and code reviews.
Skills and Requirements:
• B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• 3+ years' experience in embedded or application software development, software verification, or security software.
• Strong C development and software development best practice experience mandatory.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, independent initiative, problem solving, software debugging and team work.
• Cryptography, PKI, digital signing, security protocols, and secure software development experience highly desired.
• Proficient in scripting (python, perl, awk, etc.), embedded debugging (e.g. GDB), and software product build tools such as make and makefiles is highly desired.
. Familiarity/Experience with Virtual Machines, Containers.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.