Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Software Engineer - Systems Ops and DevOps
Seeking a suitable candidate to become a key member for the AML & Compliance Technology group. This group supports the AML and Compliance platforms. This role will be a part of the Application Systems team responsible for the Operations of the List Screening applications/platform to enable our Business partners to effectively manage the company’s Compliance and Risk. The team supports our Business and other partners with their day to day needs and is also responsible for the maintenance and efficient running of the platform. Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a breadth and depth of skills and understanding, with relevant industry experience, within the technology area. Should have the ability to quickly gain deep expertise on the relevant platforms.
- Support complex troubleshooting efforts that cross multiple platforms and technical disciplines
- Help with development of Dev-Ops initiatives (Real-time operations monitoring, testing automation framework, automation deployment solutions, etc.)
- Respond to issues/incidents in a timely manner. Own incident/issue resolution
- Co-ordinate with other teams on incident/issue resolution as needed, e.g. users, database, scheduling, network & storage, etc.
- Provide timely feedback to the users/stake holders on incidents.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Ensure timely and appropriate escalations.
- Advise and guide users and other teams on processes and platforms
- Driving automated software engineering delivery/deployment
- Build and maintain environments in Amazon Web Services
- Supporting teams during testing, and providing support during implementation into production
- Designing applications for automated monitoring and alerting
- Develop and maintain service-level agreements with user groups and other technology teams
- Maintain records and documentation as development/revisions occur.
- Collaborate with other Technology teams and business partners as needed.
- Day to day support of software, standard changes and production fixes through the change control process
- Support with other operational activities as needed (e.g. Compliance, audit requests)
- Recognize and implement automation opportunities
- Manage multiple tasks / projects in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Share best practices and improve processes within teams
- Work independently on items with minimal supervision.
- Lead initiatives as needed.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact across all levels
- Must display commitment, a positive attitude, and show initiative.
- At least 4 years of experience in core Java
- At least 3 years of experience scripting for Linux/Windows environments
- At least 2 years of Oracle/MS SSQL database development
- At least 1 years of experience working with CI/CD environments and using tools like Github, Jenkins and Docker
- At least 1 year of experience creating AWS environments on demand with tools like Chef
- Experience in Agile software teams and iterative development
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against timelines with global optimization goals
- Experience with AWS cloud services configuration & administration
- Experience with Restful web/API services development, testing, deployment
- Experience with Linux/Windows administration
- Experience with Mongo, Hadoop, Casandra administration
- Experience with Splunk monitoring
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.