Software Engineer, Tech Fellows (All Levels)
Software Engineer, Tech Fellows
As Capital One continues to introduce new products and improve our overall user experience we are leveraging new technologies, development languages and frameworks. Is development a passion? Do you dive deep into a language to understand its structure and nuances? Have you helped a team learn in through frameworks such as angular.js or node.js? Written your own? Guided a development team moving to cloud hosting? Experimented with GO and want to apply it at a large scale? We want to leverage these languages & frameworks (and maybe others) at an enterprise scale and be active the community that surrounds them.
As a member of the Capital One Technology Fellows Program, you will leverage your depth of experience and expertise to scale new technologies, frameworks and tools across our organization. As a member of this team you will help us build our engineering culture and capability by mentoring our engineering community on topics ranging from creating solutions on a MEAN stack to developing in the cloud and architecting for microservices. As a Tech Fellow you will continue to code, develop and contribute to both internal solutions and projects important to us in the open source community.
Mentor: Coach & lead developers using new languages, tools & models.
Code: Develop & deliver software. Design, develop, debug, and testing complex solutions.
Influence: Lend your expertise to infrastructure & product teams.
Contribute: Commit features & code to the open source projects.
Lead: Develop proofs of concept & prototypes for new technologies & products.
Represent: Share our good work with technical & open source communities.
Evangelize: Projects, enterprise & open source, inside & outside of Capital One.
Participate: Engage in product discussions, influence the roadmap, and guide technical direction.
Encourage: Enable our diverse, inclusive & customer centric culture.
Demonstrated key contributions to open source projects (show us your Github profile!)
- Bachelors Degree or Military experience, Masters or PhD preferred
- At Least 5 years’ experience with application and data design
- At Least 5 years’ experience with architecture and development
- At Least 5 years’ experience with Java or object-oriented programming languages
- At Least 5 years’ experience running large scale global applications & distributed systems
- At Least 5 experience shipping APIs, frameworks and tools
- At Least 5 years’ experience managing and supporting the full life-cycle of IT development projects
- At Least 5 years of experience with full stack development
- At Least 5 years of experience delivering solutions to production environments
- At Least 2 years of experience with Agile development methodologies
- At Least 2 years of experience mentoring and teaching technical concepts
- At Least 2 years of experience with NoSQL and distributed databases
- At Least 2 years of experience with modern frameworks
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.