Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest "Play of the Game" animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum transparency and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of "Gameplay First" and "Play Nice, Play Fair," has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our team is looking for a talented Tools Engineer.Responsibilities
- Design and implement new game development tools
- Work with other disciplines within the team (artists, designers, engineers, etc.) to improve our existing tools and processes
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Implement reusable custom user interface controls for use in other tools
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrated experience in tools development
- Passion for tools development and tool chains
- Strong C# background
- Experience using WPF
- User interface design experience
- Strong communications skills, comfortable working with artists and designers
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Detailed knowledge of 3D graphics, animation, camera control, and lighting
- Familiarity with content creation workflows, processes, and tools.
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Mathematics or computer science degree
- C experience
- Experience using SQL databases
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.