Software Engineer, US (R1000777)
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posted: November 16, 2017
Reference ID: R1000777
As a Full Stack Application Developer with IQVIA™ , you'll be responsible for developing new and modifying existing applications from detailed specifications; code, test, debug, document and maintain those applications. You'll be tasked to:
- Participate in conducting analysis, design, and implementation of applications to meet specified design requirements and specifications.
- Investigate applications and assists in the analysis of system specifications.
- Create new and support existing applications.
- Participate in the preparation of detailed systems specifications to meet defined requirements.
Skills & Experience:
Candidates interested in joining IQVIA™ as a Full Stack Application Developer should have:
- Full technical knowledge of all phases of SDLC
- Ability to understand client requirements as well as underlying infrastructure applications, systems and processes.
- Demonstrate analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, meeting and workshop facilitation, business and report writing.
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
Qualifications & Other Requirements:
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining IQVIA™ as a Full Stack Application Developer should have:
- Strong academic track record including Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer/Data Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience, and a minimum of two (2) years of experience.
- As an alternative to the experience requirements listed above, possesses sufficient specialized Information Technology experience to result in a specific Technology Experience Ratio of 25-50% (years of experience in the specific technology - years the technology has existed).
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
- Experience/Knowledge in web and backend development.
- Experience/Knowledge in UI frameworks and libraries like jQuery, ReactJS, Play, or AngularJS.
- Possess strong understanding of traditional RDBMS and distributed computing.
- Experience/Knowledge with Hadoop, Cassandra, or other distributed data platforms.
- Experience/Knowledge with Scala and Spark; Spark certification is highly desirable.
- Ability to write quality unit tests.
- Understanding of repeatable automated processes for building the application, testing it, documenting it, and deploying it at scale.
- An awareness of security concerns and possible vulnerabilities.