At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
What you’ll do:
- Create responsive web applications to support the learning initiatives of Capital One.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- At least a high school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 5 years of professional Web UI development experience using HTML, and at least 5 years of professional Web UI development experience using CSS, and at least 5 years of professional Web UI development experience using Java Script
- At least 3 years of experience with Jasmine, or at least 3 years of experience with Cucumber
- At least 3 years of experience with AngularJS
- At least 3 years of experience with NodeJS and NPM
- At least 3 years of experience with Grunt or Gulp or Webpack
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 1 year experience with ReactJS
- 1 year experience with BootstrapJS
- 1 year experience with SASS
- 1 year experience with Angular 2 and 1 year experience with TypeScript
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.