Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Software Engineer - Web Technologies
More than 60 million customers rely on us every day to enable fast, frictionless access to their money and empower them with tools, insights, and support so they have healthy financial futures. That’s why we’re here—a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, analysts and engineers working to Change Banking for Good. Working to make a difference in people’s lives.
We are seeking talented AngularJS & Java/J2EE Engineer engineers to help us build a suite of innovative products that help consumers make informed financial decisions and give consumers access to digital servicing of Capital One products.
Keep Reading If
- You’re driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer.
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries.
- You’ve got a passion for cutting edge technology, because this gig is entirely focused on reinventing CapitalOne.com to be anticipatory, responsive, scalable, and remarkably human in ways no one could possibly imagine before you arrived.
- You’re results driven. You love solving problems and putting your work out there for millions of people to see.
- You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
What You'll Do
- Perform complex applications programming activities in the latest technologies: AngularJS, Typescript, Java, HTML, CSS, and more.
- Create features that are scalable, accessible and renders effectively across multiple browsers, operating systems, and device types (Desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.)
- Collaborate with business systems analysts, project managers, and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Be willing to learn and adapt to newer technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience building web applications with Java applications and RESTful Web services
- At least 6 months of experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- 3+ year of experience working on a Lean/Agile development team.
- 8+ years of experience with most or all of these: Angular JS 1.5, Node.js, HTML5 and CSS.
- 1+ year of experience with Angular 2, TypeScript, Docker, Relational and/or NoSQL databases
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.