Aspera, an IBM company is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera's core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets.High-profile users include James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment who relied on Aspera software for moving massive visual effects files across continents during the production of Avatar, Netflix who receive all their video content directly to their cloud infrastructure via Aspera On Demand and BGI, the world's largest genome research organization where Aspera solutions are used to enable global collaboration between scientists across the globe. We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer with expertise in building scalable, extensible and user-friendly automation workflow solution.This is an opportunity for you to take your passion for engineering and build compelling applications to develop the next generation of transfer management and collaboration products, which exploit our unique data transport core. You will participate in the architecture, design, and implementation of Aspera Orchestrator which includes enabling products for large scale and cloud based deployment, and will work in a small, smart, fast-moving team. Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the architecture design and review on multiple products.
- Contribute in various area of the web application development (from DB to frontend) with a specific focus on the UI development.
- Play a key role in developing new product features.
- Work closely with UX designer and PM to deliver great results in an agile environment.
- Excellent software development skills with proven experience in building scalable web applications (preferably in Ruby on Rails, but other similar platform/frameworks would be considered).
- Strong understanding in web application architecture - MVC, and be able to contribute in different areas of the web-stack (i.e., frontend coding, API, web service, etc).
- Media experience with transcoding, video quality control, watermarking technologies a plus.
- Proficient with Linux and other Unix base environment. Some working knowledge of Windows based environments
- Some experience with networking and transfer technologies (SSH, SCP, SFTP, FTPS ...).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver great results in an agile development environment!
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.