Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Are you ready to work with some of the industry's best and build software that runs at a scale that very few organizations on the planet can claim? We develop world-class engineers while placing a heavy focus on developing your leadership. Our culture stresses craftsmanship, leadership, and most importantly having fun.
Comcast's Technology & Product division is looking for a self-motivated, mid-level Java engineer to contribute to the design and implementation of X1 for XFINITY TV, the company's flagship video product and customer experience. At Comcast we work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and we challenge ourselves to be the best video product on the market. We're seeking an ambitious engineer who has a passion for building the services, features and user interfaces used to create highly polished visual experiences for use by broad audiences.
- Develop features, service and tools for the cloud-based user interface application and middleware modules that power X1 set-top boxes
- Utilize best practices in software craftsmanship associated with design, documentation, coding, testing, deployment and monitoring in a DevOps environment.
- Participate in design discussions
- Participate in code reviews with other developers and engineering managers
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging of routine issues
- Collaborate effectively with a tight-knit team containing developers, test engineers, product owners and project managers
- Take ownership and become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of a module.
- Work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment using agile methodologies
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent field of study) from an accredited university
- 3-5 years' experience developing software applications in Java
- Experience with multi-threaded applications, memory management and performance tuning
- Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture with scalability, performance and reliability issues
- Demonstrated experience contributing to complex user interface applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A passion for working in technology as demonstrated by personal project work, open-source contributions, personal websites or participation in tech communities
Preferred Experience Requirement
- Exposure to memcached or other high performance, distributed caching systems
- Experience with high level programming and scripting languages like Perl, Python or Ruby
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer