Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Are you ready to work with some of the industry's best and build software that runs at a scale that very few organizations on the planet can claim? We develop world-class engineers while placing a heavy focus on developing your leadership. Our culture stresses craftsmanship, leadership, and most importantly having fun.
Comcast's Technology & Product division is looking for a self-motivated, entry level Java developer to contribute to the design and implementation of X1 for XFINITY TV, the company's flagship video product and customer experience. At Comcast we work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and we challenge ourselves to be the best video product on the market. We're seeking an ambitious engineer who has a passion for building the services, features and user interfaces used to create highly polished visual experiences for use by broad audiences.
- Develop features, services and tools for the cloud-based user interface application that powers X1 set-top boxes, under the direction of senior engineers
- Learn and utilize best practices in software craftsmanship associated with design, documentation, coding, testing, deployment and monitoring in a DevOps environment
- Participate in code reviews with other developers and engineering managers
- Create prototypes quickly and iterate over them based on inputs from stakeholders.
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging of routine issues
- Collaborate effectively with a tight-knit team containing developers, test engineers, product owners and project managers
- Accept feedback from a mentor and senior engineers to grow and improve your skills and abilities
- Work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment using agile methodologies
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent field of study) from an accredited university
- 0-2 years' experience developing software applications in Java
- Strong understanding of software development principles
- Experience with one or more code version control systems
- Knowledge of one or more user interface framework or applications
- Knowledge of network communication principles
- Experience working effectively in a corporate setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A passion for working in technology as demonstrated by personal project work, open-source contributions, personal websites or participation in tech communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer