Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of a variety of aerospace products. Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) division, based in Burnsville, MN has a software engineering Internship position available for summer 2018.
Possible responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Software Application development for use in design, testing, manufacturing, aircraft simulation, and formal testing phases of product development
- Generate documentation of design and test activities for developed software
- Work with cross-functional team members to integrate and troubleshoot software with the target hardware
Qualification: Successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the ability to learn the following experience/skills:
- Problem solving of Software or Software and Hardware integration issues
- Desire to develop software in production languages such as C, C++, C#, VB.NET
- Ability to automate using scripting languages such as Tcl and Python
- Familiarity with standard Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as Visual Studio and Eclipse
Education: The position requires a candidate pursuing a BS or BA in an applicable Engineering degree or Computer Science and have at least sophomore standing.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems