What you will do
Pre-Entry level engineering intern position joining the team that develops Building Automation Systems and Smart Equipment Controls products used by our customers to run their buildings and manage their energy costs. Work as part of a team under the close direction of experienced engineers to apply and enhance your engineering development skills to develop applications, products and tools. How you will do it
As a member of the product development team for Building Technology & Solutions group, the candidate will assist the engineers in the developing, testing and supporting of smart embedded controls related products for the Building Technology & Solutions business. This includes:
- Learning about the general system components and requirements of the Johnson Controls Building Efficiency business.
- Designing, Building and Setting up the automated test configurations required to execute the assigned test plans.
- Assist development team with software testing including development of automated tests
- Assist development team with software development assignments including tools, small projects, bug fixes and product development work.
#internship What we look for Required Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Working on B.S. in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent; entering Jr. or Sr. year
- Must be able to work 10 hours or more a week during the school year and 40 hours a week during summer break
- Demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and independently
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
Who we are
- C / C++ / C# development experience
- Python programming experience (or other scripting languages, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Software Debugging experience / Eclipse development environment
- Knowledge of information technology concepts: Software & web security, VPN, Networking, Firewalls, wireless technologies.
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts & Programming: Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.
- Object Oriented Analysis / Design / Programming
- Development on the Linux OS Environment
- Experience with GitHub, CMake, Automated Test tools
- Experience with software communications protocols
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.