Microsoft Teams is the new chat-based workspace in Office 365. It’s a hub for teamwork, giving teams instant access to everything they need right in Office 365. Microsoft Teams is the canvas that keeps all your content, tools, people, and conversations together in one place.
As the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager for Microsoft Teams, you will lead the team that is developing services, tools, and processes to support our rapidly growing infrastructure and to reliably deliver experiences to our customers. You bring together the best practices of software development, service architecture, instrumentation, and monitoring. You are as comfortable digging into the details of an after-incident report as you are talking to partners to (re-)affirm service-level agreements (SLAs). You love leading engineers, providing the guidance and organization they need to build and run scalable and reliable services.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· 3+ years of experience leading teams in SRE or DevOps environments
· Examples of data-driven successes with live site performance improvement
· Understanding of service instrumentation and how to effectively use it to monitor and report on the health of cloud services
· Passion for delivering high quality, large scale services
· Committed to quality, including security, compliance and performance
· Ability to motivate and set vision in the face of a high degree of ambiguity
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer focus
· Solid coding and service development skills, with experience in at least one of the following languages: C#, Java, C/C++
· Track record of creating a motivating and inclusive work environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.