Software Engineering Manager, Java
As a Capital One Software Engineering Manager, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web, to highly-available RESTful services, to backend data processing applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks in Big Data.
You'll bring solid knowledge in designing and developing of multi-threaded applications that are fault tolerant and resilient. You will have demonstrated experience in software development with principles of Object Oriented Programing and/or Reactive Programming.You'll also leverage your experience of building solutions involving databases like MongoDB or PostgreSQL for cloud architectures like Amazon Web Services (AWS).In addition, you'll get to use your skills in at least one of these programming languages: Java, Python, Ruby or Scala on operating systems such as Unix, Linus and/or MacOS. This opportunity requires passion and interest to use and contribute back to open source software frameworks Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Cassandra, Avro and Kafka from Apache Software Foundation. You'll be accountable for enabling DevOps practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Test Automation using tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Gherkin-Cucumber framework, Docker, ECS, Chef and Ansible.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
-Bachelor's Degree or military experience
-At least 8 years of Application Development experience
-At least 3 years of systems and program design experience
-At least 3 years of experience providing technical leadership on software application development and running large-scale applications
-At least 3 years of experience of managing and developing people
-9+ years of professional experience in a technical role
-6+ years of leadership experience with full life-cycle IT development and platform support
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.