As a Capital One Software Engineering Manager, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
-Bachelor's Degree or military experience
-At least 8 years of Application Development experience
-At least 3 years of systems and program design experience
-At least 3 years of experience providing technical leadership on software application development and running large-scale applications
-At least 3 years of experience of managing and developing people
-9+ years of professional experience in a technical role
-6+ years of leadership experience with full life-cycle IT development and platform support
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.